Wreaths Across American will be laying wreaths at the New East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery on Saturday, December 16, 2017, at 1200.
Below is information from the Wreaths Across America website.
To donate and/or volunteer click here.
Click below to add this event directly to your Google Calendar
New East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery (TNJSET)
2200 E John Sevier Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37920
Veteran Graves: 1,700
Coverage Goal: 1,700
Wreaths So Far: 100
Registered Volunteers: 80
Ceremony On: 12/16/17
Ceremony At: 12:00 pm
Location Coordinator: Bernie Koprince
Location Phone Number: (865) 386-3674
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at New East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery (TNJSET). Please do not forget to register on the New East Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery (TNJSET)! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as “how” they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.
Directions to Ceremony
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. When you arrive, please follow the people and signs to the site of the ceremony itself.
There is plenty of parking at this cemetery, so feel free to park in any available spot.